Wednesday, September 5, 2007



Well, I just finished up my third day of classes. I must say they are some of the easiest i've ever had, but hey, can't complain right? I'm taking 2 hours of latin american history a day, the teacher is alright but should be an interesting class. Also have an hour of spanish conversation and an hour of spanish grammar. I've learned most of this stuff before, but forgot most of it, so it is good review. (pics are at teotihucan, the pyramid of the moon is in the background of the group photo, pyramid of the sun is in the background of the other)

A couple of exciting things have happened recently. I had my first dance class last night. lets just say dancing is harder than it looks (especially when your 6'8" and all the girls are half your size). It was a two hour class involving various dance styles, but we mainly focused on salsa. The first half i was with a girl about as good as me, and we were completely lost. the 2nd half i danced with two different girls who are amazing at salsa, so they helped me along with the basics. All i have to do now is learn how to move my hips. agghhh. I also finally got my gym membership, so i've lifted the last couple of days. feels good to be active again. another cool development is at the end of september, there is an orchestra performing queen songs, and i got a ticket, so i'm way excited. this saturday we are going to san miguel de allende where i guess there are some sweet hotsprings. on sunday we are going to leon to watch a futbol game. yeah!

life has been good so far. everyone in my group is pretty cool and we all get along pretty well. my spanish is still alright, but i've got 3 months ahead of me of spanish, so it will come. definitely times when i'm frustrated with it, but i'm learnin from my mistakes. the last photo is the city of guanajuato. the huge white building in the middle is the university, and the yellow one is a giant catholic cathedral. this place is awesome. however, all the businesses, clubs, and things to do are in the center of town, and all the houses are up on hills, so lots of walking uphill. lots.

No comments: