Sunday, September 2, 2007

me gusta mexico.

it is 6pm sunday night. have had a crazy last couple of days. yesterday was spent visiting a bunch of historical sites around guanajuato, including a mummy musuem, which was kinda creepy. last night was also spent at a few dance clubs, and it was pretty crazy. i'm definitely not much of a dancer, but i had a good time. salsa lessons start on tuesday (i'll have salsa lessons on tuesday, wednesday, and thursday), so i can't wait to learn. classes start tomorrow, which is actually a good thing cause it will give me more of a routine.

me and a couple of the guys are getting a gym membership tomorrow for a month and a just found out were a track is, so going to do my best to stay in shape.

I went to a catholic service this morning and had mass. I understood about a quarter of what was going on, but it was an interesting experience. I went with my host family and they seemed to really enjoy having me there, which was cool.

We had a birthday party yesterday for one of the students and the most amazing tacos. the carne asada didn't stop coming for at least an hour, and the guacamole was so good. i also tried chorizo for the first time yesterday, which is a type of sausage, but dark red. really good. also had some amazing enchiladas for lunch today. i am definitely getting spoiled by my host mother. life is good.

next weekend we are going to a town called san miguel de allende, and possibly leon to watch a soccer match. cool beans. adios.

No comments: