Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Samuelita

my new nickname: Samuelita. my host brother has become antonita and juan pedro has become pedrita. adding the -ita just makes your name like that of a feminine little girl. awesome.

jud and I had a conversation with our host family the other night about the economy and jobs and stuff. I have come to a better understanding of why so many people from mexico do all they can to get into the united states. Mexicans really have no confidence in their economy and their government, and the common wage in about $15 a day. A DAY. They thought my summer wage of $9 an hour was really good, but for me it was so-so. My host brother, antonio, is studying engineering with a concentration in topograhy, and he would really like to get a job in the states someday. there just really isn't any opportunities here.

ummmm, change of subject. i had another salsa dance class last night. i have come to the understanding that salsa is incredibly sexy. we learned a dip last night and it was Amazing. way good times. alright. will post more photos later.

sam

1 comment:

Jenny Allen said...

hey hamuel!!!! its emily!!! nice pictures.. i like the one where u are basically standing in the back and way taller than all the other peeps.. how are u doing? are u having fun...?