Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Praha (prague) and memories

denny.
we rolled into prague tuesday night and denny and I took a few hour stroll through the city. definitely brought back alot of memories from when I was here in high school.
i have a photo of me on this bridge when I was 16. I couldn't remember what statue it was, but looking forward to comparing them when I'm home.


Euro2008 is in full swing (soccer tournament). Denny and I saw the start of the France-Greece game in the middle of prague. While I was eating dinner with the Dagens the Czech Republic was playing. didn't get to see the game but i'm betting this plaza was packed.


inside the main cathedral in prague

overlooking the city of Prague. Kaylin (Mt. Vernon), Molly (Westmont), myself, and Katie (Biola) in the back, with Drake (Anderson University) and Ben (Messiah) in the front.
once again, I am tall and the world is small.
having dinner with the dagens.Haven't seen them since I was in the Czech Republic with Atascadero Bible Church for a missions trip in the summer of 2003. We had pizza and caught up for a little over an hour. They are on their way to Rome for a few days for vacation, so God definitely had a hand in us being in Prague on the night they were in town.

2 comments:

heidi said...

oh brother! i just typed you a longish comment and i accidentally erased it all. i'll try again after i know this will be accepted by the blog-gods...

heidi said...

wow...i think it worked! anyway, let's see...your pix are amazing and you are having even more amazing adventures and you're studying hard and having a ball...little atascadero will once again feel oh so boring! of course, the big news here...graduation...so proud of that boy! he is having the time of his life - hitting every grad party in town - good fun! did you know that joanna wagner was valedictorian? those wagners! (6 out of 7 were top 30) - but hey, our percentage is even better...3 out of 3!!! great news for me - just got the word that i have the jr high/high school art teacher job at north county! i'll also be back at margarita for my 4TH YEAR! hopefully, montessori too or another assignment. good times! my girls are wonderful - now seniors - a fair amount of drama - but we're starting our summer study next week, possibly isaish, and having some special times. so glad you got to see the dagens..how cool was that? hansens just got home and the clarks will be here another month or so, so hopefully we can get them all here for dinner. the garden is great - love the railroad ties the best - okay, so that's enough for now. LOVE your photos - can't wait to print some to share with my art students!
more later! xo mom