Tuesday, June 24, 2008

the joy of switzerland

denny, yomi, and john walking through lucerne

looking out over the lake in lucerne, switzerland. alyssa, myself, sara, and denny (all from messiah).
denny jumping over me
this is what happens when you study too long. denny and I had our hair done by the two girls in our group project. went to visit our program director and decided to take a photo with us.
we just finished a group project in our global business strategy class were we had to come up with a strategy of bringing a car into china. me, with denny and two girls, did our project on the smart car (which is pictured). 13pg paper and 10 min presentation.



denny and I on our way to switzerland
in the mall in moscow
in the train to moscow
i stole some photos from denny. this is our group in the presidential's palace in lithuania.
a place were we went one afternoon. although i hate diving boards i did jump off all three levels of this platform. doesn't look that high but the middle one was about the height of a normal high dive.
dad, you would love this place. absolutely amazing. water was "warm" based on what i'm used to at home, so i went swimming at least 5-6 times in the 3 days we were here. i went one morning before breakfast also. way good times.
in a jesuit church in lucerne
yomi (from nigeria, goes to messiah), in lucerne, switzerland
downtown lucerne
a sweet memorial in lucerne to french soldiers who died back in the 1800's
house we saw in town.
our hotel. i was in the building in the right.
my view out my window in lucerne, switzerland.
we had lunch in liechtenstein. got to check off another country.

me and tanner.
on the way to switzerland. we stopped at a rest point and ran around in the snow.
up at a lookout point in austria. i tried to imitiate a photo of my little brother, nick, when we are at niagra falls back in the day.
me with marianna (from brazil, goes to messiah) and wairimu (goes to messiah, from kenya) havin fun bowlin in austria

1 comment:

heidi said...

sammers - i have been cursing at this dumb blog because it hasn't been taking any of my comments AND NOW IT IS...what's up with that? your pictures practically make me cry - i just absolutely loved switzerland and the alps (1971)and your austria & switzerland pix take me back. how incredibly beautiful! i loved the photo of the house with the vines (you knew i would) and dad & i cracked up over you and denny with dr. webb. just one more reason to grow your hair long! i know you're having a BLAST - here??? well, we had 112 degrees in SLO last friday, nick and i went to jeffrey smith's wedding on saturday, i started my hub study (on romans) monday with my girls, i'm getting lots of house projects caught up/started and dad got home today after being gone a week to southern cal. there's more, but i'm afraid none of it would sound exciting to you! when i was in europe, i went through the mt. blanc tunnel, rode a chairlift in chamonix and spent a day in both geneva and lausanne. i noticed all those were on your itinerary. I AM SO JEALOUS! take lots of pictures for me! love you! xo mom