Tuesday, October 23, 2007

more jungle photos


this pic and the one above are shots lookin out over the amazon river. we mainly spent our time on the tributaries of the amazon, but we did manage to get out on the amazon for a little bit. we also had a couple fresh water dolphins swim by.
me holding an oso perezoso, a lazy bear, or a sloth. their claws are real powerful and hurt when they latch on to you.
me and a large anaconda. that giant lump near my right hand is a chicken. a think they said this snake was 5 meters (roughly 15-17ft long). awesome.
my two latin babies. i believe i failed to mention in my last posts that i married a peruvian princess and now have two kids.
me shooting a 5foot blowgun

the two guys up front were our guides for the three days we spent in iquitos and the dude in the back was the owner of the boat. he has four kids, and the oldest, his 18yrs old son, was driving the boat.
i don't know why but i really like this photo.

2 comments:

Bill Shorts said...

Hey you look like a local with the snakes. About the grandkids, do they have a nice backhand? Or maybe a good jump shot? Hopefully at least one is a lefty. Remember to keep them away from soccer...main cause of decline of civilization as we know it. Love, Dad

Alex Shorts said...

Okay not cool, I don't think I can be your brother anymore. You get to go to the cech republic, to china, to mexico, to peru, to europe this summer, to anywhere else you want. Your freaking visiting the jungle and floating on the amazon river with anacondas. I've had it. We're threw, its over, I can no longer be your twin. Sorry but not really.



lol